Tuesday, January 13, 2009

I Only Have Two Eyes: Marisa Vela

2008 was another great year for Frisco Bay repertory/revival screenings. I'm so pleased that a number of local cinephiles have agreed to provide a list of their favorite events attended here over the year. An index of participants is found here.

The following list comes from Marisa Vela, a painter with a cinematic eye:


HARRIET CRAIG at the Castro -- Please show it again, with QUEEN BEE! The double bill could be titled "Joan Crawford Keeps Her House In Order".

Pedro Costa residency at the PFA

Nikkatsu Action Series at Yerba Buena

Restoration of LEAVE HER TO HEAVEN at the Castro during SFIFF

BERLIN ALEXANDERPLATZ at SFMoMA -- It was wonderful to see it on a screen. (I could have done without the introductions)

I DON'T HEAR THE GUITAR ANYMORE / THE VELVET UNDERGROUND AND NICO: A SYMPHONY OF SOUND at Yerba Buena

Sorry I missed: Joan Blondell series at PFA

No comments:

Post a Comment